Sunday, February 1, 2009

Valentine's Day shots


This weekend we took the girls to get some Valentine Day pictures and it was quite an experience. Due to the late afternoon appointment being the only time left, it was right in the middle of normal nap time. So the girls only got a chance to catch a few zzz's on the way down. Therefore, they were less than happy to be woken up for a photo session. Isabelle perked up quick but wanted to crawl everywhere so was annoyed when she kept getting put back on the backdrop area. Ava on the other hand was not her normal self. She didn't want to move or even smile. Instead she pouted every time the girl came close to her and reached for Dave or I. She obviously had a case of stranger anxiety. So the best we got out of both of them was a serious face. Lesson of the day is once again I need to get a small backdrop for my house and do them myself since I can plan better then around naps and tempers. I have 1 more basically free session with our club membership but after that it is photographer mommy. Some of the best shots we have of the girls I have taken myself so I swear I could do this as a side job. The shot above is not one of the ones we purchased so I posted it now. We did buy 3 shots that came out just ok for their valentines day cards so stay tuned to that later.
On another note, the girls had their 2nd follow up with the developmental specialist. This is because they were preemies (hard to tell from the pic above that they started at 3.8 and 4.4). As preemies they like to make sure they are on track so give you an option to go to 2 visits with developmental peds. Our visit was Friday and the girls got glowing remarks! They are either on or above schedule on everything. They actually got 15-18 month marks on some social and cognitive skills like their ability to interact with books (and my brother thought I was crazy reading to them when they were only 6 wks old...paid off!) So no more visits for us which is great since they are not needed but in a way stinks cause they did give us some good advice on new ways to play with the girls to promote learning. I swear all kids should get a chance to go to these appointments.