Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bounce House

Since our plans to go to Great Escape today got rained out, I decided to be daring and take the girls to the local bounce house place. Ava loved it!
She went in
and out of tunnels,
ran around so much she had wild child hair,
and managed to get around the farm bounce unit very well. She'd fall down as some of the bigger kids were bouncing around her and get right back up. She even was diving over the side of one section to get to another section. It really wasn't about bouncing as much as it was about just trying to maneuver around and she had a blast with the new challenge. Then she met a girl who was bit older than her who was doing the slide so with no fear or hesitation she climbed up it all by herself and slide down it over and over.
As a parent you have a mini heart attack since once they are in the unit you can't reach them. At some points I wanted to dive in myself and save her from some of the older kids who were way too big to be in the 1-3 year old section. At one point I let out a big "oh my" as an older boy was going crazy by Ava and I was afraid she was going to get hit. His mom eventually yelled at him after my comment (some parents!). However, it did not stop Ava being in their all solo among some bigger kids. She figured it out all by herself with a smile on the entire time. I think some of the other parents were amazed she was holding her own with some of the older kids...you go girl!
Isabelle was not a fan of the bounce farm. She wanted right out once she got in there. So instead she played on car ride. She was in her glory there. Miss Ava took a turn with her too but wanted back in the bounce house instead.


My serious driver....I think she actually thought she was driving....adorable!