Thursday, August 20, 2009

Library Trip

Tonight the girls went to the library to check out some books. They both walked in like big girls (Belle being a better girl holding daddy's hand and Ava being Miss Independent and screaming anytime I tried to hold her hand). They absolutely loved the small child area. They picked out multiple books from the small cart and just sat on the rug and read them over and over. Belle picked out a train book and Ava had a Sandra Boyton book as their favorite one to carry downstairs to check out. Maybe not the best idea though cause trying to ungrip the book to have it checked out was a little traumatic. And of course the librarian worked at one speed, despite the crying, and that speed was slow. Gotta love the looks you get from people in the library when there is noise. I wanted to say come on people, they are a little noisy but give me a break I am bringing my 17 months old twins to the library to try to instill a love for books....give me a damn break. Once the books were back in hand though, they walked back out like big girls. However, what goes in does not come out the same though as Belle needed to be carried to the car since she did not want to hold daddy's hand but Ava held my hand all the way to the car and gripped her new book tightly with the other hand. She even dropped in once on the way to the car and so cutely just bent over to pick it back up. I swear they would have stayed for an hour just reading the books but we figured 15 minutes was enough for now without testing our luck. All in all the trip to the library went very well. Remember the 1st one was at like 4-5 months....people must have thought I was crazy...hehehe!



Finally, sorry...no pictures. I went with just my purse as this was a quick trip. No diaper bag and forgot the camera. So all you get is my narrative tonight.