Friday, July 24, 2009

Ugh Friday....

The girls and I were stuck inside on this beautiful day even though I had the day off so all I can say is ugh. This all stems from some mystery bumps on the girls bodies since Tuesday am. At first we thought it was just some bug bites but by Wednesday morning they were still coming out. Since I was stuck in all day meetings on Wednesday and Dave was in NJ in meetings, my parents brought the girls to the drs. to have them checked out. Our dr. was perplexed. She even called over 2 other doctors only to guess at the cause. Maybe bug bites? What kind...who knows.

So left to only guess Dave and I ripped apart the house on Wednesday night and Thursday trying to see if there was anything maybe in their room....nothing to our eyes. So then we called in the experts and had 2 separate companies check out the house (inside, outside, attic...the works!)....NOT one thing!

This morning we noticed that the bites had changed in their appearance and after talking to their doctor again it is concluded that it may be a mild case of the chicken pox. Very mild since they did get vaccinated so that is why it is presenting atypical and not that bad at all...only about 15 marks randomly per girl. The dr. thinks that the girls aren't contagious now but to be safe we stayed in for just 1 more day. So needless to say, this was a confusing week at best but hopefully we'll put this all past us soon and be able to enjoy the summer weather now that it is finally here. Until then though, lots of story time which is fine by me since the girls both love (insist really) to sit on my lap for each story...too precious! !