Tonight we went to our 1st Tymbling Tykes Class. It is a Tykes 1 class geared for 6-18 month kids. I honestly was not overly impressed with the actual playroom (I could run a similar playroom in our basement) but I was pleased with the class for the girls. It was a quick 45 minutes and the girls got to do a few songs and activities. Plus, there were about 5 other kids in the class that they got to play and interact with. Dave and I did realize that the girls are thin in size to some of the other 1 year olds after a few surprised looks were given after we said they were 1. However, Dave made me laugh when he said that just means they will be thin when they grow up and the others will not (hehehe).
Isabelle also got her first kiss from a strange boy tonight. A boy about 18 month old came up to her to say hi and was touching her. So I apprehensively looked on and then he got close to her face and I got a little nervous. His mom came over so I assumed she would pull him back when needed. I was wrong. He went in for a kiss on the face (yes, I think it was the lips...I am not positive but I think so...I honestly was shocked and think I blocked it out). When I was having my sense of shock moment all I could hear was his mom saying oh how sweet as I was thinking are you kidding me? I don't know your kid!! Germs! Ahh! Awkward moment. I quickly swooped her up and brought her over to Dave to complain about how I did not know how to handle that properly and that I need to learn some mommy socialization skills for these moments when you want to say "BOUNDARIES" to other moms! But at least it was a kiss and not a bite, right? Gotta find the positive.
The best part though was watching Dave sing and dance around with Ava...that is why I married him! He was the best daddy in the class by far!