Monday, January 14, 2013

A Letter to my Ava!

As part of Ava's star student week, parents are asked to write a letter to their child that will be shared with the class. I hope that when the teacher reads this letter to Ava she feels as happy inside her little heart as she makes me every day. Love her to pieces!

and for those of you who can not read the above since it is tiny on here, here is what it says...


Ava Grace, I dreamed of being a mother for many years but never        imagined the pure joy you would bring to me. You have amazed me since the moment you were born. At only 3lbs 7 ounces and 16 inches tall, you were so tiny. However, that did not hold you back for one moment. You quickly showed us your strength and determination as you grew bigger. Soon, you were bigger than Isabelle and earned your title of big sister by 3 minutes! You have always had a overwhelming zest for life. Curious and happy to make the most of every moment. The girl with the golden heart is what your teachers have called you as already at the tender age of 4 you have amazed them with your kindness for others. Your father and I are so proud of the little girl you have grown to become. The way you march off to kindergarten every morning with a smile on your face and a spring in your step, like you are ready for anything. We adore the way you play in your silly way with your sisters or try to be sly and tricky with us .The best sound of every day is the endless giggles I hear as I give you nightly tickles until you are gasping for air. I love the look on your face when you dash around our living room, tell your grandpa that you want to order lobster for dinner or dance to your favorite rock songs.  Perhaps most of all, your eyes tell a story that you are wise beyond your years. You seem to always want to protect the one in need or gravitate to the person in the room who needs your comfort the most. You are already fighting for the underdog. You teach me how to love and try to be my best as I want to be seen as a good mom in your innocent eyes. My beach bum, my hippy child, my peacemaker. I may never get you to love dresses or wear jewelry but your natural beauty is even more breathtaking. You lift my spirits each day when I ask what was the best part of your day and it never ceases to amaze me that you respond saying “seeing you mom” because you know it makes me smile. No matter how old you become, we will always be here to take care of you and make sure you get all the hugs and kisses you need. You are the light of our lives, our sunshine! Continue to enjoy every experience, try new things and be the fun loving child we love. But promise us first not to grow up too fast since we love you just the way you are!
XOXO,
Mom
&
Dad