Wednesday, December 24, 2008

T'was the Night Before Christmas

Thought you might enjoy this edited version of the original poem as I loved it when I first read it. The girls had a nice Christmas eve and were finally tucked in about 9pm. More to come on the details of the day once I get more time to post but right now Christmas with the hubby (while we have some quiet time) is calling....enjoy!

"Twas the Night Before Christmas for Mom"



Twas the night before Christmas and all through the abode,

Only one creature was stirring-she was cleaning the commode.

The children were sleeping all snug in their beds,

while visions of play station and dolls flipped through their heads.

The Dad was snoring in front of the tv,

with a half finished bicycle upon his knee.

So only mom heard the reindeer hooves clatter,

which made her sigh and say "now what's the matter?"

With the toilet brush still clutched in her hand,

she descended the stairs and saw the old man.

He was covered with ashes which fell with a shrug,

"oh great," she muttered "all over the rug."

Ho-Ho-Ho cried santa, I'm glad you're awake.

Your gift was extremely difficult to make.

"Thanks santa, but all I wanted was some time alone."

Exactly he chuckled I've made you a clone.

The mother's twin-same hair, same bust,

she'll cook, she'll clean and even dust.

You just relax and take it easy.

Watch you're favorite soap. It sure sounds breezy.

"I can't wait, my dream come true!

I'll shop, read, and sleep a whole night through."

From a room above, someone started to fret.

Mommy, Mommy i'm scared and wet.

The clone replied" I'm coming sweetheart"

"Hey," the mom smiled "she knows her part."

The clone changed the small one and hummed a tune,

and bundled the child in a blanket cocoon.

You're the best mommy ever, then she heard I love you!

The clone smiled and sighed I love you too.

The mom frowned and said "sorry santa no deal,

that's my child's love she is trying to steal."

Smiling wisely santa said, to me it is clear,

only one loving mother is needed here.

The mom thought for a moment and then said,

"Thank you santa for clearing my head.

I sometimes forget that it won't be long,

be grown up, too big for a hug or song.

The clock on the mantle began to chime.

Santa whispered to the clone, it works every time!

With the clone by his side he said goodnight.

Merry Christmas Mom it will be all right!!!