Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So the girls are about 8 months and 1 week old now and they are getting much more active. They love practicing their standing as you can see from the video below. I think they would stand non-stop if I would let them. They are starting to try stage 3 foods so it is hysterical to see them make a face with the new chunky pieces in the food. Ava is a fan of the teething biscuit and Isabelle prefers cheerios or the flavor puffs (Dave and I are a fan of neither due to the incredible mess it makes but we give in). Ava gets around pretty quick with her military style crawl (I call her my wounded solider) and Isabelle is more a wait and watch type and she crawls only when she really has to. She can be pretty content just hanging out in one spot where Ava is much more curious! They love to play with each other's toys. They basically just grab the toy back and forth or end up pulling it away from each other. Even if I have 2 of the same item, they want the other one or both. So I just tend to let them battle it out or distract one with a new toy. I can't really say that one wins more than other so at least there is some balance.

Ava has this amazing smile these days! Hard to explain, you just have to see it. She gets her entire face involved to put on this huge smile. She also loves shaking her head. She is very active! Isabelle is more fickle (highs and lows) and has this great belly laugh. They definitely acknowledge each other now. In the mornings you see them playing with each other from separate cribs and laughing. It is priceless! They are also more vocal now with both doing a lot of babbling and sounds. They are saying dada too.....I won't try to convince myself they know what they are saying but it is still cute to hear them say it. I swear moms get the raw end of that deal. Looks like they are going to be daddy's girls.

So they may be daddy's girls in words but they sure do have the ability to make my worse days turn around within seconds of arriving home. I have been working a lot lately and the work still never seems to end so I am pretty exhausted emotionally and physically but only 5 minutes with them seems to just change all of that. To be honest, I rather be home with them screaming than doing anything else. The rest of it just doesn't matter. The reason I go to work is to make money to do things for them. So yes, I am motivated by money. If it wasn't for that and I was the next lotto winner out there, you bet I wouldn't work! In a perfect world, I could work part time but until then I will try to do the best I can to make a great living for them.

I wonder what I even did with all my free time before the girls. I don't seem to have a lot of "me" time (if any) these days but when I could break away for a few hours I rather spend it doing something of quality with them. That is why we end up doing lots of outings to places that I know they'll never remember or don't even fully absorb. I guess it is more for me at this point. It is that smile I get when they see something new and it is the mental memory I make. I have always wanted to be a mom and now that I have it doubly blessed I want to do as much with them as possible. I guess that is why I do this blog. So we both can look back one day and read it and remember. So they can read what I was thinking, how much I loved them and we never forget all the little things.