Thursday, July 17, 2008

4 Month Check Up

So on July 11th the girls had their 4 month check up (yes, time flys when you are having fun). They were actually about 4 1/2 months then. We are happy to report they are both on the growth chart and little Ava is not so little anymore. She is actually big sister Ava now as she is 1/2 lb heavier than Isabelle now. She is 11 1/2 lbs and Belle is 11 lbs. Both girls are actually very tall the drs said based on their weight because they are at the 50% mark for growth. Definitely did not get that from the Kees side (sorry Dad!)

The girls unfortunately had to get 4 shots so that did not go over well. Thankfully, I dragged Dave with me to the apt so he could see what I went through with the screaming fits (I don't blame them!) the 1st round of shots when I was solo! The drs. office must have had a grand ol'e time laughing as I tried to settle both girls down the first time solo. However, this time around the plan was to divide and conquer as each one of us took a girl to soothe and get to the car after the nightmare of shots. Poor Isabelle actually turned purple and was so upset no sound was even coming out of her mouth for a few seconds (Izzy Tizzy!) Ava had real tears and all too! Very sad but led to a good nap on the way home from exhaustion.