
















So here is Madelyn Rose's birth story...On Thursday, October 14th, the girls had dance which I took them to between 4:30-5pm. When I arrived home I noticed a few light contractions had started that seemed to be about 3 minutes apart but not that painful and a little sporadic still. As they continued and got more painful, I decided to call the drs. office around 7:30pm. They told me that I probably would be best waiting at home for another 1 hr since I was just in early labor. However, my water broke at home about 8:15 so I decided it was time to go since the contractions at this point were still 3 mins apart and no longer sporadic...and I could feel them for sure! We called Mrs. Pondillo to watch the girls and arrived at the Albany Med parking lot about 9:10. Let me tell you that car ride was not fun. I remember telling Dave 2 things, 1-maybe we should just go home and I will have her at home since I have no idea how I am going to walk in to the hospital in this much pain and 2-either I became a wimp after having the girls or I am about 8 cms now since the pain equaled when I got my epidural at 8cms with the girls. Oh how right I was, my guess is that during the car ride I was about 8-9cm. When we arrived in Albany Med, I figured my plan was to run in between the contractions now about every 2 mins apart and then stop when the contraction hit. I attempted to do this on the bridge which caused attention. One lady stopped, later to find out she was a nurse on her way home, and asked how far apart I was and then I was about 1 min apart so she apparently told the security guard to call a code that meant "baby on the bridge." That sent NICU teams and basically the entire labor & delivery floor down to the bridge to get me. Yes, I was doing my stop and run routine still so I did pass a few who were so surprised to see the mommy going into labor running down the hall. They rushed me in a wheel chair up to the room. The young nurse really thought I was just over reacting I think and asked me to change and give a urine sample. As I told her I really had no time for that she insisted I change. As I was attempting to change I knew I had to push so I told her I was going to start pushing...yes, right there in that bathroom. That got attention so she screamed for a resident and they threw me on the bed (still dressed I might add). They quickly assessed the situation and said I was 10+ and the baby was coming. So my dreams of an epidural were over and Madelyn Rose was born 2-3 pushes later with no drugs at 9:27 pm. She was 6.8lbs and 20 inches tall and just beautiful! The room joked around since she came no more than 5 mins from the time I arrived in the room and about 2-3 of those minutes were spent with me in the bathroom attempting to change. They called her London and Bridge Baby. She was actually delivered by a resident since the dr was not in the room yet. He did make it in to oversee the process though....all 2 minutes of it. So at least Madelyn has a great birth story to tell for years to come...even if I think I scared the heck out her grandparents and her dad!